This is the classic way meatballs have been made at my home for generations. An original recipe full of little secrets that we now share with you so that you enjoy this incredibly delicious dish too.
I am a big fan of meatballs because I think meatballs are great. Meatballs are full of advantages and in fact, there is no other meat-based recipe which is more convenient than meatballs. Here are some reasons to name a few:
- Meatballs are a great comfort food that everybody loves, and that includes kids who usually adore them.
- They can be made with pretty much any meat that is left in your fridge and needs to be consumed soon.
- Meatballs are an ideal option for batch cooking. You can cook tons of them, have some in the day, make a lovely tupper meal for work and still freeze the leftovers (sauce included) to be enjoyed whenever you fancy them in the following couple of months.
- You can also go for a fishy version (salmon, cod, squid…) or even a veggie one (pulses, chickpeas, lentils…). Of course, you can mix different ingredients too, like these ‘beef meatballs with cuttlefish’ that we published a while ago and which are a personal favourite of mine.
- They are absolutely delicious, especially if you follow the recipe we bring you today.
Perhaps this versatility is the reason behind the huge popularity that meatballs enjoy in Spain. I can’t think of any mum or grandma who don’t have an amazing recipe for this Spanish meatballs. In fact, they all seem to take huge pride on that little recipe secret that we all try to chase but that seems impossible to guess.
The recipe today is a family recipe, one that has been made at home for generations. And luckily, one that has been transferred to me, with all those little secrets that I share here with all of you and that make these Spanish meatballs so very special.